Monday, April 26, 2010

I Want To Grow Old With You


Let me enjoy the earth no less

Because the all-enacting Might

Which fashioned forth its loveliness

Had other aims than my delight

~ Thomas Hardy, Time's Laughingstocks and Other Verses, 1909


I spent just 3 days in Kuala Kubu Bahru but now I think I'm in love with this quaint town.

Perhaps, it's the freshest air, the greenest trees lining the roads, the coldest splash of Magick River, the chirpiest birds that greet the breezy morning.

Maybe it's her people that never fail to welcome me into this place they call home sweet home. It's so easy to attract a smile or two. It's so natural to strike a conversation with everyone and anyone.

I saw bountiful ripe papayas sold in a shop - so fresh and organic. I tasted its steamed roti kahwin - so heavenly soft with slabs of butter and homemade kaya. I sipped the most 'kaw' coffee, without me asking for one.

I'm at ease, at peace - this is THE PLACE I want to grow old with. I'm definitely my true self being around her.

Two fitting songs for beautiful Kuala Kubu Bahru and her people - The Sound of Music and Edelweiss.

May you bloom and grow, Bloom and grow forever...

2 comments:

Oscar the Grouch said...

I absolutely love Thomas Hardy.

I have since misplaced my set of Thomas Hardy’s Wessex Poems, and am utterly displeased.

Fi-sha said...

Dear Sir

Im sorry to hear your temporary loss of your beloved Thomas Hardy.

I hope you'll find yours soon so that you could lend it to me :)

Take care sir! Cheerio!