Sunday, April 4, 2010

Another 'Storyteller' - Mr. Victor Chin


I chanced upon Mr. Victor Chin at SABM's KL Roadshow early this year. He was filming the event for SABM.

He thought I was a welfare officer (for unknown reasons, most think so whenever I start asking questions) and I was embarrassed when he told me that he's a painter and I could find him here (how ignorant I could be). Wow! He impressed me in real life and after going through his site, he is true to every single words of Leonardo da Vinci that A good painter is to paint two main things, men and the working of man's mind.

Last month, he wrote "Autism, no barrier to communication" in TMI, where he talked about a few autism kids that communicate their views and wishes through paintings. That reminds me of my Second Angel, Hariz, who loves drawing on his board. After attending some exercise sessions at Institut Nury, he is now able to mutter some words but strenuous physical and mental exercises always leave him cranky. Maybe it is time for us to carry some anger management program for him.

Painting is poetry that is seen rather than felt, and poetry is painting that is felt rather than seen ~ Leonardo da Vinci

Apart from autism, what captured my great interest in his article is that he was able to send out the message that we all should never undermine one's ability, stereotype everyone and give up.

For me, everyone is important and everyone matters. I am glad we have someone like Mr. Victor Chin to 'decode' what these beautiful minds put in their paintings.

No comments: