Friday, April 9, 2010

Garbage Weekend






It's Garbage Weekend for me. I grew up listening to their songs back in the 90's. Here' s some of the songs that once 'haunted' me.

You might not enjoy these melodramatic Brits - just like me sadly - but still I have 1 lil' message for all of you out there, especially to those who could get to 'menjalankan hak anda' soon - you can always opt not to do anything about everything but please, the least you could do is TAKE THE "GARBAGE" OUT.

Happy weekend all...

p.s I found an apt definition to the "GARBAGE" I'm referring to from here that is offal, as the bowel of an animal or fish; refuse animal or vegetable matter from a kitchen; hence, anything worthless, disgusting, or loathsome.

2 comments:

Oscar the Grouch said...

I’ve always loved the lyrics to Garbage’s #1 Crush: corny, clichéd, overly dramatic; but yet oh so sinister and sexy; epitomises greatly of what I think of the absolutely delightful Shirley Manson.

Shirley Manson and Natalie Merchant (of 10,000 Maniacs) are two of my favourite leads from the early 90s, yet they are so grossly under rated in popularity.

Natalie Merchant’s early stage performances are mesmerising, to say the least. I’m absolutely captivated with Natalie Merchant’s Carnival; and I’ve spent many hours pondering, how this song has similarly enthralled and captivated Aileen Wuornos, the American serial killer.

Aileen had apparently been listening to this song, hours at end, before her death execution; and this song was specially requested to be played at her funeral.

It gives a macabre feel to such a beautiful song; but I guess music transcend personalities; it brings solace - even to criminals and killers.

Fi-sha said...

Dear sir

somehow you always have something special up your sleeves...

Thanks for sharing...