Tuesday, August 3, 2010

No More ISA, No More Pains


I didn't go and lit a candle for ISA Abolishment Vigil last Sunday night but as I was pressing the iron on my shirt, amidst heaps of black-and-white-ruffled shirts, my tears just rolled down my chubby cheeks. It's a sign - a resounding SOS from those all over our Ibu Pertiwi upon them being harshly treated as LSF and those Cowards in Blue started to disperse their peaceful vigils.




"Heaven knows we need never be ashamed of our tears, for they are rain upon the blinding dust of earth, overlying our hard hearts" ~ Charles Dickens, Great Expectations, 1860






As I have learned over years, crying is not a sign of regret but it is indeed a sign of thankfulness for God is Most Compassionate, Most Merciful, to allow us to have this iota of conscience during these turbulent years of our Ibu Pertiwi. For me, crying is a sign that your heart is still working, your conscience is still burning bright and your plight is worth fighting for.




"Tears are God’s gift to us. Our holy water. They heal us as they flow" ~ Rita Schiano, Sweet Bitter Love, 1997, published by The Reed Edwards Company



Re-reading painful memoirs by ex-ISA detainess just makes me resolute that we should continue fighting such draconian Act and other inhumane laws and actions despite we all could smell Ops Lalang II is well under way, based on tell-tale signs, if you read our Ibu Pertiwi's history for the past 60 years, that is.



"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much" ~ Mother Teresa



Months ago, my youngest brother would tell me that he's sick of DSAI sensationalising stories about his Ibu Pertiwi. After his unlawful 5-day stint in the lock-up, I asked him again - do you still feel the same? Do you think we all should fight against such cooked-up charges? Do you think those Ulats at Puduraya deserved to be beaten, mauled and humiliated when you know how our MSM potrayed a different story (making up stories) about those Ulats? Because of those Ulats, I am re-opening my Red-Book Campaign. No one deserves to be locked up for no material reasons. As for my youngest brother, he's a changed man now.



"I ask not for a lighter burden, but for broader shoulders" ~ Jewish Proverb

1 comment:

semuanya OK kot said...

We need to understand that the cause in dismantling "emergency" gangster laws is not about Anwar or anyone else we dislike or like, disagree or agree with. This inability to consider abstract ideas is one of the serious problems that keeps us in the pig sty, besides what Antares calls "tempurungism". We are so bigoted in our intent (niat).

Ghandi was a WOG - full supporter of Mat salleh culture and colonialism - until he was thrown out of a train by 2 drunk whites in South Africa. Let us hope all our dear friends wake up before it is too late.