Monday, May 18, 2009

My Kind of Men


p.s. Just the right photo for me!

This week is going to be BIG NEWS Week, someone told me. Indeed, Monsieur!

Here's why and having them all from my kind of men, unfortunately none is from the Land of Malaysia Boleh, I know this week will be a great week for me :)

How I wish we have more men like him, when he said these: -

(a) "I do not suggest that the debate surrounding abortion can or should go away. Each side will continue to make its case to the public with passion and conviction. But surely we can do so without reducing those with differing views to caricature."

(b) "Let us work together to reduce the number of women seeking abortions. Let's reduce unintended pregnancies. Let's make adoption more available. Let's provide care and support for women who do carry their child to term."

One man who protects any women is priceless. You may want to listen to John Mayer's "Daughters" on my playlist to know why men must protect us, women.


2. In India, a country that has touched my soul deeply, Gandhi family scion, 38-year old Mr. Rahul Gandhi was praised as the architect of its Congress party's unexpected electoral victory - the best since 1991.

So, he's young, handsome and the most eligible man in the Indian Continent but his humble response to this "Jai Ho" what makes me want to clone him :)

(a) Mr. Manmohan Singh said this - "“It is my wish that he should be in the Cabinet but I may have to persuade him to do so”. Tell me what is that supposed to mean, OK, if you wish to differ in opinion from mine - so 'not gila kuasa', unlike majority of our politicians.

(b) Analysts said Gandhi’s clean-cut image, willingness to praise political opponents and ability to straddle generations may have helped the Congress campaign. Wow, we seriously need to learn from Rahul.

(c) He dedicated the "Jai Ho" to the poor and the young in the rural areas, whom he praised as the Powerhouse of India. “I have got a job to do. It is to help the youth of the country to change the political atmosphere...I want youths to participate in politics".

I have a soft spot for small children and youths and to see their rights being taken away from them makes my heart bleed. If only we could stop blaming the youths but help them finding their place in this world.

If only we could see how precious youths are to any nation, just like Rahul, this Ibupertiwi shall be a perfect place for all Anak Bangsa Malaysia. In fact, I do have a perfect example here in Malaysia so you need to read what Encik Noni Kapet and his benevolent friends have contributed to a small group of lucky youngsters.


3. My Mr. Arsene Wenger, "the club’s manager of 13 years chose not to rebuff the possibility of a future role at Real Madrid and instead conceded that the prospect of working under Florentino PĂ©rez in Spain would be “interesting”.

Yes, I support the man and not the club so if he feels the pasture is greener on the side of the field and if that makes him a better person, i will be 100% behind him...

(a) What he said about Arsenal supporters' frustration - “You sit here, you are in the last four in Europe, and every day you feel you have killed someone. It is unbelievable. If you do not take a distance with it, you think ‘What kind of world do we live in?’ We lose against Man United who have 10 times more resources, it’s not a shame. They are the best in the world. Congratulations to them. If you play tennis tomorrow and you lose against Nadal, you can still say you are a good player.”

Gosh, I need to clone him too as some men will remain affiliated to his 'long-gone belief' eventhough it is morally wrong and intellectually challenged. Perhaps, it has got to do with ego but please, we need more men like my Mr. Arsene Wenger, if you know what i mean **wink**wink**wink**

5 comments:

zorro said...

Fisha...I fully endorse your (type of)MEN. The company we keep does reflect our own worth.

I do read you but this is the first comment. I like what I read and don't be surprised you may end up as my Fridat Guest Blogger....one fine day....so keep the keyboard busy.

Oscar the Grouch said...

Uncle Zorro,

I concur – for I have been following her postings now and then.

I wait, with abated breath, for dear Fisha to be in the Friday Guest Spot- something which, sadly, I have yet to achieve.

Fi-sha said...

Dear Uncle Zorro

I'm glad that i have your endorsement Sir. Above all, thank you for taking your precious time reading my postings, which most of them are small in matters and (unnecessarily) emotional. I will keep my keyboard busy Sir because I cannot stop 'talking' :)

Dear Mssr Oscar The Grouch,

I wish i could write as crystal clear as you. BTW, i've been meaning to post you "The Alchemist". I hope i got your postal address right.

Have a great day, my esteemed gentlemen.

ian yusof said...

yup fisha, good work and truly unpredictable! You blog about everything and anything .... I like it!

Fi-sha said...

Dear Bro PT CA

By now you should know i am Ms Rojak or Caca Marba :P