Sunday, May 31, 2009

My Bed of Vege - Week 1

For the past few weeks, i was acting like a little girl - imagine one who was told by her mommy that, not too long from now, she will get to go to her favourite shop, where she can pick any dresses she love along with matching marie janes, bag and hair pins. I was over the moon just thinking of that.

The day of reckoning dawned on me last week, as my dear good friend, Bro. PT CA , came over to my home sweet home, to prepare my 'beds'. He completed the whole process in less than 30 minutes, when it took him more than that travelling to my place. That speaks volume of how worthy he is. I am blessed. So, it's time to see them grow.

If i could, i would stay next to them, watching them grow in front of my eyes. If i could, i would stay home and take great care of them. If i could, i would sing them a lullaby so that they can grow strong and healthy - inside out. If i could, i would trade my career and be there for them. If only life is that flexible.

Like farmers, we need to learn that we cannot sow and reap the same day. Like love, we must suffer from missing someone for your heart to grow fonder. Like Bonds and Unit Trusts, the longer you wait, the better is your rewards. So, nights turned to days as the moon changing its role with the sun.

Today, my dearest babies - Caillee, The Chinese Kale Curly; Gwen, The Hong Kong Green Choy Sum; Sally, The Dwarf Pak Choy and Baylee, The Golden Yellow Amaranth - turned a week old. They are doing fine, looking so eager to face this maddening world. Here they are in their cutest, innocent forms.


"Hello my little precious, how are you doing down there?



I've always enjoy gardening but i've never tried planting my own vegetables, apart from seasonal plethora of cili padi, daun kesum, daun pudina and my dearest daun ketumbar. So, to start this little "Farm Fitness" project, initiated by my dear Bro. PT. CA, is like a dream come true.

While it keeps me fit (well, i think i am), maybe these quotes would tell you why me and many more people out there love playing with the dirts, drenched ourselves in sweats and tanned our skin for hours: -

Henri Alain once quoted that "Life on a farm is a school of patience; you can't hurry the crops or make an ox in two days".

Julie Moir Messervy says that "Of all the wonderful things in the wonderful universe of God, nothing seems to me more surprising than the planting of a seed in the blank earth and the result thereof".

Meanwhile, Karel Capek professes that "Let no one think that real gardening is a bucolic and meditative occupation. It is an insatiable passion, like everything else to which a man gives his heart".

Marcel Proust
, full of admiration, praises that "Let us be grateful to people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom".

May Sarton thinks outloud that "A garden is always a series of losses set against a few triumphs, like life itself".

What if you heard this that even Mohandas K. Gandhi thinks highly of gardening and farming as he says that "To forget how to dig the earth and to tend the soil is to forget ourselves".

And so now i am becoming artsy as William Wordsworth penned his thoughts that "Laying out grounds may be considered a liberal art, in some sort like poetry and painting".



My dear, welcome to your new world...

Yours Truly,

Ms. DooLittle

3 comments:

Wanpetunjuk said...

Oh Gosh!,

That was what Bro AR told me last week...he went to your house.

*jeles nih!!!, hehehehe

ian yusof said...

good job ...:)... and you even named these tiny little plants. Thank u very much for being part of my lil' project.

Fi-sha said...

Dear Adik

Jom datang rumah akak! Boleh suruh tolong mencangkul! Take care adik!

Dear Bro PT CA,

hehheheh... im too much right giving them names? But they are so cute whenever i go back from work, i must 'talk' to them :)

Thanks to you bro!