Tuesday, February 16, 2010

This is for Mr. H...



"Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity" ~ Henry Van Dyke



Dear
Mr. H,

There's a Jewish proverb that says, "God is closer to those broken hearts" and I say, "Broken hearts are closer to one another".

If you think I say all the kind and thoughtful words because I wanted to be nice, please forgive me for they come my heart - the heart that has been there, done that and still surviving. As much pains I have caused to many hearts I have broken, I too have felt the sorrowful aching breaking heart - for a moment it feels like dying when you couldn't even breathe and most of the time, the world is just black and white with muted crowd. I know how you feel, now.

While many think it is bad to continue falling in and out of love - it may seem like a game we play but I beg to differ. Falling in love is rather easy and falling out of it is tricky but I have been in and out for far too many to realise that every time I fall for someone, I am grateful for God has given a sign that I am, after all, capable of loving someone and if we go our separate ways, I am thankful for God knows what's best for me. Above all, I am being a better, stronger person in a way or two.

Let me share with you something from my favourite storyteller, Paulo Coelho. May it soothe your soul, as much as it comforts mine.


"Whenever we need to make a very important decision it is best to trust our instincts, because reason usually tries to remove us from our dream, saying that the time is not yet right. Reason is afraid of defeat, but intuition enjoys life and its challenges"


Dear Mr. H,


May we not be afraid to fall in love - again. Another chapter, another story and when we found the one that is meant for us, may we have a book of love to share this life together.

May this beautiful song by Peter Gabriel titled "Book of Love" find its way to your heart.

No comments: