Monday, September 7, 2009

Reporting Back For Duty





“When law and duty are one, united by religion,

you never become fully conscious, fully aware of yourself.

You are always a little less than an individual”

~ Frank Herbert


When you live by that quote, then you would understand why everything you do, everything you earn, everything you have - in quantity and quality - belongs to the rightful custodian, that isn't you. It's the most omnipotent power in this Universe - and we call it sharing.


I woke up from my 'siesta' by acknowledging that i need to stop craving for some recognition, some response, some feedback, some nodding of the head for me to get by - because it is 'suicidal' really as i continue to hurt myself, over and over again. The "Answer" to this life is bigger than you and me...


I opened up my 'eyes' to see that I do things because I know it is the right thing to do. I write because i care and i want to share - though i am well aware it won't be smooth sailing; it won't be kind and it is beyond any logical justifications. Just like John Quincy Adams says "Duty is ours; Results are God's".


I am reporting back for duty for "the first duty of the society is justice".


It's indeed another "Ordinary Miracle" everyday that gets me through this life, come what may - never-ending by-elections, gazillions scandals in and around our corporate world, continuous inhumane, injustice treatments to all beings, crash-boom-bang economy and some desperados they called UMNO moo-moo men. Oh, not forgetting, some senseless, selfish men. Yes, they won't knock me down...


"Ordinary Miracle" is a wonderful song by heavenly Sarah Mclachlan from one of the movies i would love to watch with my child - "Charlotte's Web" so he would learn from this classic tale about loyalty, friendship and dealing with realities of life....


"Life is like a gift they say... Wrapped up for you everyday...

Open up and find a way... To give some of your own...



When you wake up everyday...

Please don't throw your dreams away...

Hold them close to your heart... Cause we are all a part...

Of the ordinary miracle"




No comments: