Monday, September 14, 2009

Meme : Save Yvonne's Sight

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.

Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent.

Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb.

Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.

The slogan "Press On" has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race"

~ Calvin Coolidge (American 30th President, 1872 - 1933)



Tag Along With Me for Adik Yvonne Foong

Neurofibromatosis Type II is an inherited disease. The main manifestation of the disease is the development of symmetric, non-malignant brain tumours in the region of the cranial nerve VIII, which is the auditory-vestibular nerve that transmits sensory information from the inner ear to the brain. Most people with this condition also experience problems in their eyes.

Adik Yvonne Foong, the author of "I'm Not Sick, Just A Bit Unwell - Life with Neurofibromatosis", 22 years old, has this disease, which has severely affected her sight and hearing due to tumours in the brain and spine.

She is scheduled for an operation between 1 and 4 December 2009. The cost of surgery is USD44,000 or RM54,770, and the cost of staying in hospital for two weeks is USD915 or RM3219.

She has raised about RM52,454.28 of this and is hoping to raise the rest by republishing her book "I'm Not Sick; I'm Just a Bit Unwell" in English and Chinese. The books are now available in Malaysian bookshops and from her web site store.




She is also selling T-shirts at bazaars and via her web site store. You can read about her surgery and donate to her fund. You can also help by sending on this meme.

Yvonne Foong is in danger of losing her eyesight thanks to neurofibromatosis (NF). Please find out how you can help her by visiting her blog at http://www.yvonnefoong.com/.




My dear Uncle Zorro and Malaysian Heart have 'tagged' me along on this meaningful journey to help Adik Yvonne.

Adik Yvonne, You are Wonderful...

Through your glowing biography, I found out that we share so many in common like skating, reading, writing, psychology and of course, helping people. I want you to continue what you love doing.

Through your writings, my heart straight away took a plunge - I fell in love with your beautiful soul. I wonder what we would have become today if we have more beautiful souls like yours in this Ibu Pertiwi.

Through your blog, I saw generous individuals helping you in many ways. I am so sure they come back - liberated in their heart, mind and soul. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to put good purpose in our life.

Thank you Adik Yvonne for showing me that come what may, we ought to be strong, continue giving and loving life to its fullest. Rest assured Adik Yvonne, you are in many prayers of ours out here. May God Bless You, always, as always...


These two songs - "The Way I Am" and "Keep Breathing" - by one of my favourite singers, Ingrid Michaelson, are dedicated to you, Little Angel.


In true spirit of Adik Yvonne, three things I'd love to see in this Ibu Pertiwi are: -

1. Honest, Sincere, Hardworking and Humane leaders for "Leaders are Dealers in Hope (Napoleon Bonaparte)" and it is Hope that keeps us going.

2. Better Parents and Children because “While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about”.

3. More people making this place (a better place to live in), this moment (and no other better time to make a difference) and this person (a better being, at giving and sharing, loving and caring).

To keep this 'ball' rolling for a great cause for Adik Yvonne, I tag my fellow bloggers, who accept me the way I am: -

1. Bro PT Corporate Athlete - this blog by a multi-faceted interesting Great Being is a MUST-READ

2. Mr. Zewt - An Accountant, who performs brilliantly, not only with numbers, catchy blogposts and jazz songs, but also heart-rendering, emotional stories

3. World's Greatest Analyst, Mr. Wenger J Khairy - who says Analysts are not humane enough?

4. The Ninja Boy - A blog started by Akmal's wonderful parents, sharing stories about him, a special autistic boy. Yes, Akmal and my Little Angel are not sick, they are just gifted!

5. The Flaccid Mind - This engineer could make me laugh - non-stop - with his piece of mind. Yes sir, we don't need more jokers in our (kitchen) cabinet, all we need is more BATMAN! Selamat Berpuasa My Dear Bong.



p.s. Kindly visit Crankshaft's for this Meme's rules... or just follow how i did it :)

3 comments:

TheWhisperer said...

Geez... You are fast in responding.

I am still clueless as how to start. Too many procedures to follow.

Guess I ll just have to do it my way.

Your flair is as beautiful as you..

zewt said...

hey fi-sha,
i have donated to yvonne before and I just made 2 purchases from her. also, been trying to help her fund obtained tax free exemption, so far... bottleneck for that sigh...

will try to help her out more in my blog this week.

p/s: i am not exactly an accoutant, or should i say, i dont consider me as one :P

zorro said...

Thanks luv....do I meet you tomorrow at Rumah Anak Bangsa Malaysia?