Friday, October 29, 2010

No Man Is An Island



Somehow, reading Uncle Lee's comment to "A Gentleman's Wisdom of Work" makes me feel humbled. He teaches me the art of sharing or perhaps the art of "Pay It Foward". He makes me reaffirmed my belief that we are not rich for having what we possess but we are rich because we are able to give to others. If we do not have the material possesion to share with, we always have time to spend, a smile to share, a prayer to say, a shoulder to cry on, ears to listen to and words to comfort.

Uncle Lee's words remind me of John Donne's "No Man Is An Island", whose poem was adopted by Joan Baez in a song of the same title.

Yes, Sir, I will always keep a song in my heart :)



Uncle Lee said...


Hello Fi-Shah, terima kaseh seribu for this jalan atas ayer compliments.


I have always believed in giving anyone, everyone a chance in life.

To live out their dreams as I had. I gave them the opportunity to exceed theirs, mine and the company's expectations.

Once upon a time when I was looking for a job, a man offered me one, without looking at my resume....I did not fail him....

He had looked at me, as I later in life looked at people when offering them a job.

Resumes can be doctored, just as in cosmetics hiding blemishes.


To me, a person who does not have a degree or higher education, it does not mean he or she is not smart.

There may be other circumstances, namely ..Money. Poor parents, etc.


I now give them that opportunity....to be somebody in life. And to sit in my chair one day.

Everybody has weaknesses, we all have...but everyone needs a helping hand, like a baby learning to walk.


Give them your hand.....they will not fail you.

Once again, terima kaseh. You have a pleasant week, and keep a song in your heart. Best regards, Lee.

October 28, 2010 7:44 PM

No comments: