Thursday, January 22, 2009

I got the run of my life!


I told my good friend PT MACAM BAGUS that I want to start exercising this year because all this while my form of 'exercise' is my power-walk (to/fro office ~ 30 minutes everyday), step climbing (~10 minutes) and weight lifting (taking ABBA files out from the cabinet ~ 30% of my working hours). Though got myself a nice, cute adidas trainers and sweat-friendly apparels, i got distracted with my yearning for Irish Step Dance (remember Riverdance and Michael Flatley's Lord of the Dance?) - i started step dancing instead (from online classes).

Until PT MACAM BAGUS came up with "Animal Lovers...Run for Your Life" in his blog. Ouch...i got to try my feet at this..I am an avid animal lover and it will be held in Zoo Negara! Wow! I haven't been there for the past 25 years. Enjoying the time of my life in Singapore Zoo too many a time while i 'lazying around' in the Little Red Dot last year (couldn't make a cut for volunteer there as i won't be there for more than 1 year...so sad), I know I shouldn't expect too much from Zoo Negara. As informed by someone working as the crocodile caretaker there, the staff are underpaid and the animals aren't getting the best our of their 'commercial confinement' there. There had been many protests to urge the Zoo management to act accordingly but as usual, it never happened and it was never made known to public - MSM sucks!

I will participate in this Run - all in the name to support the animals in Zoo Negara. More visitors, more income, better pay to staff, better care for the animals.

Again, i never had enough sharing this quote by Gandhi “The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated”..

Would you too? Pleaseeee....

Note : Kindly visit Ronnie's blog for details on registration.

No comments: