Friday, June 18, 2010

Sometimes When We Touch...



And sometimes when we touch
The honesty's too much
And I have to close my eyes and hide
I wanna hold you till I die
Till we both break down and cry
I wanna hold you till the fear in me subsides
~
Dan Hill


Having my Third Angel under the same roof is a bliss for me. Cradling him around the house, getting him to wish Ammuma and Atok "Nite Nite, Sleep Tight" and exchanging goodnight kisses before he tucks in for the day at 8.30 pm, gives me back my sanity, re-energises my soul and re-invigorates my faith that God is Great, Most Merciful and Compassionate.

How a soul in this little body could bring such joy just by looking at him is truly a miracle God has given mankind. That kind of euphoria isn't about me craving for motherhood (now that my biology clock is fast ticking away) - it's about being connected to another living being we sometimes take for granted.

For little words on the goodness of human touch, kindly enjoy reading The Benefits of Human Touch and The Pleasure - and the Power - of Human Touch.

"Be it human or animal, touch is a life-giving thing. Has anyone ever had a stroke or a heart attack while cozied up with a pet? I doubt it"~Robert Brault

This weekend, may we have time to kiss the hands of our parents, to hug our loved ones, to stroke our pets (for me and all animal overs out there, to every animal that allow us to share a little touch), to smell the flowers, to watch the stars up there, and to stop and see those around us in a loving, caring way.

No comments: