Friday, June 4, 2010

Israel's Siamese Twin - That's Us



I am still suffering from acute mental diarrhea reading comments in MKini here by educated urban Malaysians on the tragic incident that befallen humanitarians on board the Mothership for Gaza Freedom Flotilla - Mavi Marmara. But what do you expect from most Malaysians? At the rate we are going and the kind of rubbish we utter and think (since most of us are still 'hibernating'), we would be winning this trophy - The Worst Citizens (or some can say "The Worst Humans") in the World.

If you are not outraged, you are not paying attention - Author Unknown

It is sad to realise many of us are so oblivious to what really happens in Gaza - they can't even differentiate between Jewish and Zionist. It is even sad - thanks to our ignorance - we are now turning our Motherland into a state of Zionism.
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I won't go further trying to state my points in this tragic issue, most of us have misplaced our ignorance. Thanks to my dear Antares, he reads my mind when he came up with "You Become What You Hate".

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them” ~ Isaac Asimov

This weekend, I comfort and re-energise my soul re-reading Dr Ang Swee Chai's "From Beirut to Jerusalem". In case you're thinking fighting over Israel is all about saving our Muslim brothers and sisters, may I suggest you read this book by a Malaysian Chinese lady.

No comments: