Friday, January 8, 2010

My Life on Musical Mode



After a month long of maddening assignments, singelhandedly putting a group of people on 'the same page', I have a strong urge to do Gene Kelly's famous "Singin' In The Rain".

"I'm singing in the rain, just singing in the rain
What a glorious feelin', I'm happy again
I'm laughing at clouds, so dark up above
The sun's in my heart, and I'm ready for love
Let the stormy clouds chase everyone from the place
Come on with the rain
I've a smile on my face, I walk down the lane
With a happy refrain
Just singin', singin' in the rain"


This simple act itself is a joyous celebration for me before i head off somewhere peaceful, on my own, licking those wounds, getting back my beauty sleep, contemplating should i remain compulsive aggressive or compulsive decisive, clearing those piles of books and writing in blogs.

I still believe, at this very late age, that I should have been a dancer like the greatest Cyd Charrise (unfortunately i don't have her kind of legs - gloriously called the most beautiful legs ever on screen) or a performer like the angelic Joanne Woodward (tragically, I ain't angel and i don't have Paul Newman as my husband!) - simply because I forever have rhythms in my heart, my heart and my steps - they are musical.

Thanks Paramore for those upbeat tempo during my trying time for the last one month. Now, I need to welcome my true blue self, dancing to the tunes of great music in "Singin' In The Rain".


Let me indulge you with "You are My Lucky Star" because i do believe that I am finally here because of my lucky star. Thank you, wherever you are...

"Your are my lucky charms
I'm lucky in your arms
You've opened heavens portal
Here on earth for this poor mortal"

2 comments:

zorro said...

No sweetie, Betty Grable had the most beautiful legs. Ask your papa or mama!Grable's legs were famously insured by her studio for $1000000 with Lloyds ..

If I have not wished you heres to a splendid 2010.

Fi-sha said...

Hi Uncle Zorro

Really? Sorry that i got the fact mixed up (but i did read it in TIME when she passed away last year)...

Thanks Uncle Zorro..Same goes to you and this Ibu Pertiwi...