Monday, January 25, 2010

Fahmi Reza's "10 Tahun Sebelum Merdeka"


The highlight of me attending SABM's forum in KLSCAH last saturday is definitely Fahmi Reza's "10 Tahun Sebelum Merdeka" short movie.


I want to write more, which I will do later (when time permits) but for the time being, please, please, please visit his blog here and watch this poignant movie.


Throughout the screening, I saw faces of the forgotten Pejuang Anak Bangsa Malaysia and they remind me of my Tok. My tears streamed down my face because it was so difficult not to see how 'buta sejarah' we have been (thanks to the distorted version we were taught in schools and books), how scary it was to see that history repeats itself now, and how much we have allowed our intelligence and dignity be undermined for the past 60 years - not by colonial British but our own people and primarily by bourgeois Malays, which you can now see in 'one sinking ship'.


I bet we don't need BTN anymore once we watched this meaningful movie. You won't regret. Really...

No comments: