Monday, August 31, 2009

I'll Come Back When I Know...



"Serendipity. Look for something, find something else, and realise that what
you've found is more suited to your needs than
what you thought you were looking for" ~ Lawrence Block


"Can once in a lifetime happen twice?

When Jonathan and Sara meet for the first time, there's a definite attraction between the two of them, but they're both attached. Sara is a big believer in "meant to be", and when she gives Jonathan her phone number only to have the wind blow the number from his hand, she sees this as a sign that the two of them are not meant to be together - at least not right now.


Years pass, and now Jonathan (John Cusack) is engaged to marry someone else. He loves his fiancee, but suddenly he's thinking a lot about Sara. Across the country, Sara (Kate Beckinsale) has also just gotten engaged, but she's starting to wonder about Jonathan. They're both starting to wonder what might have been.


The two launch a search to find one another, armed with very little information about the other - they don't even know each other's last name, let alone an address or phone number. The plot twists as the two try to find one another in New York City, seemingly against all odds, although they're closer than either of them knows. Their paths ALMOST cross several times, but not quite. Will they ever find each other again? Or will it be too late?"


That's a synopsis of Serendipity.


I like it because it has my favourite Jon Cusack, ice skating rink (once, i had a crush on an 8-year old blond while he's teaching me how to skate) and the word "serendipity" (well, since I am a sign believer).


As you can see, I haven't been writing a lot since early this month - well, for some valid reasons like 'being bugged down' - but most of the time, my mind was caught in a doldrum that even the most interesting socio-politico issues don't seem to de-frizz my tangled mind. Too bad, i'm tad too self-centric, presently.


"Love me when i least deserve it, because that's when i really need it"

~ Swedish Proverb


My life, at its most 'interesting', is indeed a stand-up comedy I admitted here before. Perhaps, i'm one selfish, greedy lot - i have one but i want that one. Maybe, i'm plain stupid to 'mengenal manikam dan jauhari' - i am a 'Queen' to one yet i rather be a 'pauper' to another. Get my drift? ;>


"There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power.
They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are messengers of
overwhelming griefs...and unspeakable love"

~ Washington Irving


Before 'people' turns into 'present' in my writing, i shall retreat into my 'cove' (oh, by the way, we must make a point to watch "The Cove" if you love watching environmental documentary, horror and spy thriller movie (like "The Bourne Identity")).


I shall immerse myself in 'foreign stuffs, culture and people' so in return i'd know my real self. I'll come back because i love rantings, musings and cursing (ops ;P) and i love reading those blogs i follow. But above all, i'll come back when i know...and our Ibu Pertiwi has to have more women's say from now on (I don't trust Kak Jat, Kak Yen Yen and those ladies in pink).


To those kind souls (you know who you are), please take good care of yourselves, ok? My prayers and thoughts are with you in everything you do, ok? And when you ate your buah kurma (dates), saw any cats or dogs, sip your coffee or caught in the rain, think of me, ok? - those are all my favourite things :)


To those brave souls (i know who you are), keep on writing for this Ibu Pertiwi needs so much of your wisdoms to enlighten its people. You are all truly my heroes! Really!


To those who were brought here by chance when you started searching for "Autism", i know i haven't been writing much about it but i know we all know that the best medicine for any soul who is unable to express his feelings (through effective communication) is one big hug and simple whispers of "I Love You". Come to think of it, apart from autistic people who are born with this developmental challenge, there are indeed many normal people out there who are incapable of expressing their emotions. When was the last time you hug someone?


Cheerio....Hasta La Vista baby....


2 comments:

modernlifeisrubbish said...

Hi Fi-sha

Certainly miss reading your blog. Loved the film "Serendipity" not only because Kate was in it, but John Cusack is a good-looking and very talented actor.

Keep writing from your heart...

TheWhisperer said...

Hmmmm..

Happy Siesta-ing, FiSha!