Monday, February 11, 2008

My favourite things!




Today, I'm a bit sad - emotionally. Work-wise, I'm amazed that I did not suffer from Monday Blues especially after the long holiday and in fact, I stayed back up till 7.20 pm. I'm a person full of secrets. Today, i feel like crying, wanting to tell someone far far away about what happened to me last night. Only to that someone I could talk to. Now, i feel better - after talking to that someone.


"Sound of Music" is my all-time favourite movie and I love every single songs in that beautiful movie. One song - My favourite things! - reminds me to do the same thing too - things i select when i feel sad or scared.


Here's Maria's favourite things: -

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens;
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens;
Brown paper packages tied up with strings;
These are a few of my favorite things.


Cream-colored ponies and crisp apple strudels;
Doorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles;
Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings;
These are a few of my favorite things.


Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes;
Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes;
Silver-white winters that melt into springs;
These are a few of my favorite things.


When the dog bites,
When the bee stings,
When I'm feeling sad,
I simply remember my favorite things,
And then I don't feel so bad.


I'll shall share mine next time ok...


No comments: