Tuesday, October 7, 2008

You will never walk alone


I read about the passing of a man I do not know – the late Mr. J.B. Jeyaretnam.

After much goggling, my heart cries for him for he fought for the underprivileged and suppressed citizens in the Little Red Dot – on political and judicial platforms. I thought these could only happen in my Ibupertiwi that uses draconian laws and acts to stifle justice and democracy.

What saddened me more, apathetic citizens of that City Country dare not mingle with him, not alone see him straight in his eyes, fearing that they will be reprimanded, as what he confessed. He was alone and lonely.

That struck me that we should never do that to Uncle Pete and other fighters of the same cause. We should let Uncle Pete and the rest know that we are with him.

May JBJ rest in peace…may his fighting spirits continue…may us be inspired to fight for a just cause, not for some but for all…

No comments: