Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The Splendour of Moon





I never realised how bright a full moon could be till lately...


By 9 pm, for the last 5 days, I've abandoned the flourescent light for tea candles at specific spots in a room I called home for the past 6 months. Then, i saw it - the beautiful, lonely full moon gazing into my 28-th storey window... Its glow lit up my room and yes, my soul...


I texted my friend asking him if he, too, could see this magically Being from his window in KL and if he did, we were looking at the same Full Moon. Of course, he did. I guess as bright as I could see here from my window. Let's make a wish and hope it will come true he said... I did and not only one, many of them..(how greedy).


In fact, I was talking to this Being up there...(the Moon) and it does feel good because (i) i know someone out there is looking at it too and i do hope it makes him feel better (through this difficult Market Meltdown) and (ii) God is Kind and being in presence of His wonderful creations calm my soul...




This particular Full Moon out my window somehow reminds me of lost love... It's always there (though it moves from one place to another) yet you would see it only now and then (if you look for it) and if you are lucky enough to feel his presence... Sadly, you can't make it stay. Still, you love it and you better believe it that your lost love still have that same feeling for you too...


Here's the perfect combination of this bright full moon and the lost love by my favourite Rumi...



The sky was lit by the splendor of the moon,


So powerful I fell to the ground,


Your love has made me sure I am ready to forsake this worldly life,


And surrender to the magnificence of your Being


1 comment:

modernlifeisrubbish said...

Hi Fi-sha,

This is such lovely writings.

You can't make lost love stay. Sometimes, the feeling is still there. As for my lost love still having these feelings, i am not sure.

But how beautiful is the thought though. How the feeling of love could be eternal.