Thursday, March 12, 2009

Dr. Nadhirah in the Making!


A good medical doctor nowadays is hard to come by for many are not mentally and emotionally equipped to serve as one - when at times, they are God-given link between life and death and most of the times, they stands as the pillar of strength and hopes to the patient's loved ones.

I am blessed to be related to medical doctors - Chu and Pak Busu - who epitomise my ideal of medical doctors. There is also Dr. Cyril.

I have high respect for them purely looking at how they could a difference to lives they have touched in their course of works and beyond, not because of common society perception and the amount of money they could make (if they wanted to). Inspired by that, I make a point to bring that kind of attitude everyday i sit behind my office desk - what good would I contribute to the world today?

Alhamdulillah, Nadhirah, one of my Little Women of Penang, scored 10As in her SPM. Alhamdulillah, Malaysia will have a great doctor in less than 10 years from now. Thank you Allah for that.

I'd share with Nadhirah Dr. Ridzwan's 7-pointer for those studying medicines and I really pray to Allah that her asthma would go away, for good.

Taken from Dr. Ridzwan's "Movies, Medicine and Medical Men", a quote taken Patch Adam's movie supports my cause to make sure Nadhirah becomes a medical doctor: -

“If you actually are a doctor and admitted it, you’d say, ‘I don’t cure a huge percentage, I don’t have a 50 percent cure rate … (but) I can have a 100 percent compassion rate..”

No comments: